Applications Running

5starred 21:00 28 Jan 07

How can you get applications to stop running all the time? I have Kodak easyshare software installed and evertime I log on it runs in the background presumably slowing down what I am doing. There must be a setting I can change to stop this program starting automatically is there?

skidzy 21:04 28 Jan 07

Two choices:

Start/Run and type MSCONFIG and select startup,untick everything except your Antivirus/Firewall/Antispyware apps and reboot.

OR

Download Ccleaner click here and select startup,then make your choice's.

There are other ways,but i think you will find Ccleaner the easiest route.

Dan S 21:09 28 Jan 07

There's also StartupControlPanel by Mike Lin, available from click here , which is a dedicated application for managing what launches at Startup. You can either use the Standalone EXE file, which you can just run, remove what you want from starting up, and then get rid of it, or you download and install the version in the Zip file, which is then accessible from Control Panel. It's really a personal preference, and a consideration of whether you think you'll use it again. Either way, it's a minimal download and does the job.

5starred 21:13 28 Jan 07

Thanks a lot some really good information there. Do you think it will help the performance at all?

skidzy 21:17 28 Jan 07

Most certainly will help,but that depends on what and how many startup apps you have and need.

Normally just your protection is needed at startup.

gudgulf 21:22 28 Jan 07

There are two things to do....first go into Start>all programs and locate your Kodak program.Hover over the Kodak software updater and select the updater setup icon.

Make sure the updater is set to disabled....highlight the "no" button rather than the recommended yes button.

That will shut off the updater.

To stop Easyshare from loading right click on Start and select "Explore"

Now click on the + sign by "All Users" and then the +sign by "Start Menu" and then "Programs".

Scroll down until you see Startup and left click it to open the folder...You should now see an Icon for Kodak Easyshare.

Delete it

The program will not start with Windows...you will have to run it manually from a shortcut.

If you don't see the Kodak Icon under All Users have a look in the Startup folder of your own user name.

OR

Ccleaner, as suggested by skidzy should also show the Easyshare startup entry (easier than manually locating it) but wont deal with the auto updater.

You'll find the startup control in the "Tools" section of Ccleaner.

5starred 21:22 28 Jan 07

There was quite a few mainly ones I didn't even know were running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5