Application won't open

1dave2 18:18 07 Jan 04

Hi guys, I have downloaded a program off Kazaa and it is a big program 356,000kb,and I can't get it to open when i double click it all I get is a black mos dos type window which appears for 1 sec and then vanishes. The icon for this application is a white window with a blue top edge not the normal icon of a moniter and disk.

Anyone any idea's please? Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 18:26 07 Jan 04

I hope your av is up to date.

plsndrs3 18:34 07 Jan 04

The desription of the icon is one that is for DOS styled programs or those without their own, unique icon.

One of the biggest problems with Kazaa is that you never really know what you are downloading until you have received it & try to use it. It could be spyware, a virus or a hacker's routine - all could work via a DOS-styled program - and is not always what it is called. After all, anyone can call any file on a PC whatever they so wish.

I doubt that many people will offer help. The general consensus on this forum will be that this is most likely pirate [illegal] software and that cannot be supported.

As MichelleC says, I also hope your anti-virus and Trojan file removers are completely up to date and that you use a spyware remover - just for starters.

Paul

Godfather2004 18:35 07 Jan 04

Tut tut tut, theres that word Kazaa lol!

1dave2 18:50 07 Jan 04

All my anti virus etc is completely up to date. Thanks for your response Paul, I appreciate your honest answer without any sarcasm in it.

Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…