Application Runtime Problem

goodog 17:20 30 Sep 07

Hi Guys

I have a problem with an application I'm trying to run. To give you a bit of background, the application is FRITZ 10 from ChessBase and was running fine up until a little while ago. Now when I try to start it I get an error messge that says (something like....) Application failed to start. Error in side by side configuration .....and a bit more, I'm typing from memory so that may not be all of it but it's the gist.
Anyway, I believe I've tracked the problem down to an issue with the VC++ redistributable on the PC and this is borne out by the fact that I was running the Visual Studio 2005 Express applications for awhile but switched back to VS2003 when I couldn't get the 2005 version to compile anything because of the way it has been set up now.
I did some research and I thought that running the vcredist_x86.exe package would correct the problem but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Does anyone have any ideas please, I would be very grateful if you can suggest anything.

Best Regards

Goodog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…