Application loading

Dougie168 19:32 03 Jan 06

I recently posted saying that this comes up when I load my CD:
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."
Now that I've got that sorted, when I run the application it just opens for 1 second then automatically closes down again itself. I don't know if the problem is connected or something, but I sure don't know why it's complaining. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

VoG II 19:33 03 Jan 06

click here to download the fix.

VoG II 19:34 03 Jan 06

Sorry ignore that I didn't read the whole story.

Dougie168 19:35 03 Jan 06

I downloaded that fix to help with the first initial problem. Would it still help?

VoG II 20:27 03 Jan 06

Which application is it or is it everything?

Dougie168 20:33 03 Jan 06

sorry, i should have said. I've only tried it with one CD that has games on it. As soon as you open a game, it closes down straight after.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 03 Jan 06

By close down do you mean the game stops or the computer reboots?

Dougie168 21:01 03 Jan 06

sorry, with close down i meant that the application just quits itself. Say it was a game of chess, the application opens a game (so you see a flash of the check boards) but a new game has not been started, then the game quits itself so i'm returned back to the CD drive with folders in front of me (the game's folders).
Thats basically what happens, if u can follow my explanation! sorry i couldn't explain it better! :p

VoG II 21:04 03 Jan 06

If this is with just one CD of games and other games (not on the same CD) run OK it may be that they are old games that won't run under XP. Or you could try compatibility mode click here click here

Dougie168 21:11 03 Jan 06

i've used this CD on the xp before many times. i dont know why but its just playing up recently. i would try it with other CD's but they've just all disappeared for some reason!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5