Application hijacking

struggle8 14:29 08 Sep 04

my fire wall was flashing so I took a look and I have noticed under the security log that its showing application Hijacking has been detected
The application: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe try to launch another application: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avginet.exe to go to remote host free.grisoft.cz should i be concered about this , fire wall sygate presonal version

Gongoozler 15:08 08 Sep 04

Try an online virus scan such as this one from Trend Micro click here.

roy 18:35 08 Sep 04

I don't think you have any cause for worry. It seems to me that this is AVG Control Center (US spelling) instructing AVG Downloading Update to check for updates. See your Program Files/Grisoft also see this webpage click here

struggle8 14:51 14 Sep 04

that program is now trying another go and go some where else / Application Hijacking has been detected
The application: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe try to launch another application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE to go to remote host click here / thats not to grisoft AVG and my fire wall is now showing critical

VoG II 16:13 14 Sep 04

avgcc32.exe is the AVG control centre. It is probably looking for updates.

Gaz 25 16:27 14 Sep 04

Is the update console for AVG.

No need to worry!

struggle8 15:10 15 Sep 04

ok thanks i just thought it was a bit strange to look for updates at tiscali not grisoft.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…