The application failed to initialize...

johnem 20:44 23 Nov 07

Evening all, running XP pro SP2 and have recently had the following flag up, usually after PC has been on for 2-3 minutes. "Java.exe. The application failed to initiailize properly (Oxc0000142)".
Any ideas what this means or better still how to prevent it appearing. I have run full virus and adaware scans, uninstalled java and downloaded the latest version etc, but still get this flag.

SANTOS7 21:04 23 Nov 07

Might be related to .NETframework uninstall said application and reinstall latest...

Its listed in add/remove as Microsoft.NETfr....

johnem 21:12 23 Nov 07

Hi Santos,
Just had a look in add/remove, unfortunately I do not appear to have any apps with the name mentioned. I think that this has only been present since I installed a screen resolution piece of software, but that just might be co-incidence.

SANTOS7 21:15 23 Nov 07

Just download it then it may help
click here

johnem 22:03 23 Nov 07

Thanks Santos, have downloaded and installed Net 3 plus updates. Will wait and see if it is the cure.

SANTOS7 22:08 23 Nov 07

me fingers iz crossed...

johnem 17:51 24 Nov 07

Did not fix it as it has just appeared again. doh!! Back to the drawing board. Any further ideas please?

johnem 21:57 25 Nov 07

Refresh

birdface 22:03 25 Nov 07

Googled.click here=

birdface 22:17 25 Nov 07

If a java program,Check Add remove.You should only have Java6 update 3 on there .If you have any more I would delete them all and then run C Cleaner then reinstall java6 update3.See if that helps,

birdface 22:18 25 Nov 07

If a java program,Check Add remove.You should only have Java6 update 3 on there .If you have any more I would delete them all and then run C Cleaner then reinstall java6 update3.See if that helps,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…