Application Error when closing email

M.I.K.E. 15:35 08 Jun 03

When I close email (outlook express6) an Application Error appears. It is titled 'msimn.exe-Application Error.

It reads 'The instruction at "0x77f5215e" referenced at "0x007f4f1c" The memory could not be written'

Does anyone no what this means and how to prevent this?

VoG™ 15:38 08 Jun 03

See this recent thread click here

OneSirKnight 15:39 08 Jun 03

Try clearing out all the cache in Internet Explorer- doubt that'll help but who knows. Also make sure you delete all the "objects" in IE- go to Tools, General, click on Settings, then View Objects, and delete all those files. But yeah it could be that your TCP/IP files are corrupted. You can try doing a "sfc /scannow" with the Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM drive and it'll verify that all your files are okay.

BTW MSIMN.EXE is Outlook Express. I have personally experienced that "memory could not be written" message before, and it turned out that I had a bad RAM module. The RAM still worked for a while but then one day it just stopped working- the computer would reboot for no reason and sometimes no even turn on at all.

OneSirKnight 15:44 08 Jun 03

sorry for being presumptuous about you having xp.

jazzypop 15:50 08 Jun 03

It may be an anti- virus issue, in which case disabling then re-enabling your AV should help.

In case it is a damaged folders.dbx issue, see the advice at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…