Application "1.exe"

davidmoore 07:50 03 Apr 05

An application "1.exe" has appeared in the root directory of my C Drive, and has attempted to access the internet. It won't allow me to delete it, so it looks very suspicious. Any observations would be gratefully accepted?

VoG II 08:46 03 Apr 05

Try Remove on Reboot click here

ramsay29 09:06 03 Apr 05

I found this 1.exe after reading your thread. I remember Norton giving me a security warning about it the other day and said that it had blocked it. But there it was on my C Drive. However i did manage to delete it in the usual way.

There are 2 other files which seem to have arrived at same time both in the windows/prefetch folder. One is 1.exeDE532.pf the other is lucom~1.exe-IDF6F3E9.pf

Can anyone with greater knowledge than me tell me if it is safe to delete these files. What is a pf file.

VoG II 09:41 03 Apr 05

Yes, you can safely delete .pf files - they are Windows prefetch files - click here and scroll down.

You can disable this feature safely as well click here

ramsay29 11:36 03 Apr 05

Thanks VOG

davidmoore 22:22 03 Apr 05

Thanks VOG, have downloaded the remove facility for future use. I did find a way to delete the file, by loading it into Wordpad, deleting the text, then saving it after stopping the process in the Task Manager first. Deletion was then possible. Still don't know what it was or what it was intended to do, anybody got any clues?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…