''''''' appearing on my videos

Giggsy252 18:19 28 Jan 07

Hi i need a bit of help

When I watch videos on my pc on various players, ||||||||||||||||||||| lines like these are appearing on my screen, about 20 of them appear on my screen. EVen though i can still watch my videos, these black lines are annoying and only recently appeard on whatever video i play including DVD or media centre tv.

Im using MCE 2005, using DVI input,

any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked my graphics card is in place and the connection between my monitor and pc is secure.

Giggsy252 18:23 28 Jan 07

only appears on videos, not on desktop, internet use etc..

My resolution is 1440 * 900, 32 bit, when i change to 16 bit, some of the marks disappear on my videos but go on desktop

Giggsy252 19:14 28 Jan 07

anyone ? :)

Joe R 19:22 28 Jan 07

Giggsy252,

this could possibly be a problem with the codecs you are using to play back video.

You could try downloading a new codec pack. click here

Giggsy252 20:09 28 Jan 07

just installed the new codecs and still no luck, still those ||||||||||||||| lines appearing. About 20 sets of those above. quuite annoying! Lol

any other solutions?

Giggsy252 16:13 18 Mar 07

i changed the graphics card and now the problem is sorted. thanks alot for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…