Apparently my Brother has been recomended to

Giggle n' Bits 00:46 12 Dec 04

use a Download Manager so to be able to download a big software patch. Because the dial up connection keeps disconnecting on the hour ish.

So my Q. Is are download manager's safe to use ?

Or is it a Broadband upgrade ?

Oh, Win XP

Belatucadrus 01:01 12 Dec 04

click here Good download managers like this are perfectly safe.

THE TERMINATOR 01:31 12 Dec 04

Yes he would be better off using s download manager . But Why does his dial up keep disconnecting?

Giggle n' Bits 01:41 12 Dec 04

Reason is, its a 55MB download erh on dial up its a long time. Will let you know how it goes.

Djohn 02:25 12 Dec 04

Most dial up connections will automatically disconnect after 2 hours, some after 1 hour. This is standard practice and you are allowed to reconnect imediatly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:20 12 Dec 04

Download managers:-
Download Express click here
Leechget click here ,

Gongoozler 10:31 12 Dec 04

The second part of your question "Or is it a Broadband upgrade?". If your brother can afford broadband, this is definitely the way to go. I'm using Tiscali 150K broadband click here and even that is MUCH better than dial-up, and as a bonus there is no risk of rogue diallers and it doesn't stop the home telephones being used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…