AOL/Outlook Express

brambles 18:33 08 Mar 03

It would appear that if I have AOL as my Internet Provider I can't have POP3 mail via Outlook Express & would have to settle for the AOL Web Based email!

Is this correct - someone said you could have it but would have to pay.

If it can be obtained what are the AOL Mail server addresses.

spikeychris 18:39 08 Mar 03

You are right in thinking that you can't have AOL and POP3. There are some sites that claim you can, run a search. Personally I have tried them all when I was on AOL and none worked.

spikeychris 18:46 08 Mar 03

click here for a company that claims to work if you spend US$19.95.

ChrisP 20:00 08 Mar 03

If you are online with AOL you can open Internet Explorer and Outlook Express from your desktop and run them as usual. What you cannot do, however, is to use your AOL email address or access Outlook Express from within AOL.

There are plenty of free emails you can have which work on a POP3 system and hence Outlook Express.

It all depends on whether you have a dial-up arrangement with AOL (in which case all time on OE will cost you) or pay for unrestricted use. If the latter, then essentially you have free email with OE.

brambles 18:28 09 Mar 03

Thanks everyone for confirming what I understood to be the case. Brambles

xxxxxxx 21:40 02 Apr 03

I have just moved to the States nd taken my computor fron the Uk . Everything is ok bar a couple of things. I have signed to AOL (we get it and all calls free cos my wife works for CNN). Aol seems to have taken over my computor and all I really want it for is to get on the web. How can i clear away all AOL stuff and still get online? Next when I go online I still have Blueyonder stuff(logos moving and suchlike) left ovet from the Uk. How do I lose this? Thanks in anticipation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…