Aoldial.exe is causing problems

SB23 10:07 26 Nov 05

Have been using Aol Broadband for some time now,because of this I disabled the modem.All has been ok till recently.Now, when I try to close down my pc, aoldial.exe is still running and will not shut down,and it is taking 5 or 6 attempts to get the pc to turn off.This has been a problem on and off for a while now,but it is getting silly now,can I delete this little program or not?

Gongoozler 10:15 26 Nov 05

Have a look here click here

Near the bottom of the page is a paragraph titled PROGRAMS HANG / BECOME UNRESPONSIVE. This includes a suggestion "If Windows is hanging because it can’t force a program to terminate, one solution is to disable the automatic end task logic . Use this registry patch to force that setting change."

stalion 10:22 26 Nov 05

download and run this it should assist you in removing Aoldial.exe if you need further help post again
click here

SB23 10:40 26 Nov 05

Will this patch automatically cure my problem,and stop aoldial.exe from running,coz I don't understand what it will actually do

SB23 10:42 26 Nov 05

Similar program to this is Startup Inspector,which I have and according to the program aoldial is already turned off.

stalion 10:46 26 Nov 05

the link I have posted is to help you remove it

SB23 10:48 26 Nov 05

Thanks,will have a look,and let you know what happens.

SB23 14:21 26 Nov 05

Thanks for your help,problem seems to have been sorted,just rebooted pc,no mention of aoldial.exe needing to close.
Sb23

phil46 14:46 26 Nov 05

Disable auto dial click AOL ICON and choose settings and uncheck auto dial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now