AOL9 wont work

allyy48 15:17 03 Dec 05

I am using AOL8,broadband SILVER, with WINDOWS98se.On installing AOL9, I get a dialogue box saying---AOL has to install files, close computer. On re-boot, the same box appears with same message. I have tried to install from AOL disc, and also from website, with same outcome. AOL8 works fine after uninstalling v9.AOL Help were as much use as a chocolate ashtray.
Any help would be appreciated.

Giggle n' Bits 15:20 03 Dec 05

uninstalling all AOL and also the all BT Broadband related in the Add & Remove programmes.

You must unplug the Modem before, then reinstall Clean and plug in modem when prompted at the installation.

What I remember Windows 98Se is very tempermental with Broadband modems and if you could I would recomend going the XP upgrade route.

allyy48 16:24 04 Dec 05

Thanks GulfStream, but I have already tried what you have suggested, with the same outcome. Strange thing is before the crash everything worked fine{AOL9}.

phil46 16:54 04 Dec 05

AOL9 does not appear to like Windows98 stick with
AOL8 unless you upgrade your OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…