aol & zone alarm

aceguy 14:26 13 Jan 06

hi, until last week my inernet conection was perfect with aol gold. al of a sudden i could not sign onto net und after hours of re-installing aol software and so on i had to phone them.in the end it turned out to be my firewall zone alarm(free).i have never had a problem like this before and zone alarm is setup correctly for aol.has anyone else had this problem and any idea`s why this is happening? the dude on the phone said i would have to call zone alarm and get an exception?? whats that??? any help will be great

rdave13 18:44 13 Jan 06

Always had a conflict between Zone alarm and sygate firewalls with AOL.So I now use the free Mcafee firewall (free to AOL users).

Diemmess 19:17 13 Jan 06

I use both with no trouble (Zone alarm free version). I also use AVG.

If faced with your problem, (it may be a "first past the post effect). I would uninstall Zone Alarm, keeping any AV running.
Next make Aol able to go online, but keep it brief while there is no firewall.

Then when you are happy with internet access, install ZA again and run the gauntlet of allowing (and remembering) WAOL.exe et al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…