AOL XP Problem

DomJolly 23:19 28 Jun 04

Connecting to the internet on a 56k dial up. i can stay on the AOL home page as long as i want. As soon as i change pages im booted OFF the internet with "Software" errors.
Also the dial up is only showing a connectiong speed of 10kps..

AMD Athlon, 2000+ 513mhz, 256MB ram, 40 GB disk and windows Proffessional O/s.. Any ideas . ???

Cheers Dom

goonerbill 23:47 28 Jun 04

what version of AOL are you using. if its 9, click on safety at the top of the sreeen/page and then click on computer check-up. AOL, will try to fix itself if its the software that is causing the problem.

hugh-265156 00:24 29 Jun 04

im not very familiar with aol sorry but i did use an earlier version some time ago. i always logged in to aol and minimised it and then used internet explorer and found it caused less problems for me.

if its only started happening then try a system restore back to adate you know all was fine maybe.

Cesar 09:01 29 Jun 04

I agree with goonerbill if you are not using AOL 9.0 there is a full version onAug issue of PCA it's the best to date There is Check-Up and BB Check-Up and 9 Times out of ten it will fix your problems, in fact it's the best that AOL have produced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…