Aol won't connect, but IE does.

SB23 16:56 13 Nov 08

My pc was on alot of the day yesterday, and the Aol software was running ok.
When I logged off last night, an Aol update appeared, downloaded, installed, I then turned my pc off.
Now tonight, Aol does not want to know, it comes up, says it loading, but then nothing.

As a last resort I went into the internet connections, connnected the DialBB and I could then connect via IE.

I know some will say no big deal, just use IE, but I had alot saved on my Aol screen (toolbar, favs etc)
Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix?

Thanks

Steve

provider 2 17:07 13 Nov 08

Yes, and not for the first time either an AOL update that I neither asked for or wanted has been screwing things up.

I eventually fixed by clearing the browser cache
Start> All Progs> AOL> System Information (takes foever to appear)> Utilities tab> Clear browser cache.

I suggest you try this first and see if it makes any difference before " rebuild adapter" etc that also appear in the Utilities window.

Also, just switching everything off (including router), then on again is worth a try.

feb 17:59 13 Nov 08

Hi SB23
For some reason the AOL software connection was playing up this afternoon! Is your program connecting OK now?

Diemmess 18:06 13 Nov 08

providor2's advice (below) is sound and worth trying first -

[Also, just switching everything off (including router), then on again is worth a try]

SB23 18:52 13 Nov 08

None of the One click fixes worked until I reset the software back to its default.

Am connected now,through Aol, and as usual, its like nothing was wrong in the 1st place.

Will tick for now, probably back later, lol!

Thanks all

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac