aol wirless connection help needed

glamworld 15:30 28 Dec 05

hi, laptop says my wirless connection is connected with excellent strength, but i can only access the net by wired connection even though my lap top is wireless, ive been on to aol over and over, anybody any ideas as far as im aware my router is configured because my laptop picks up the name given to the router when i was installing, its been 3 weeks now, and i would love to use my laptop in my living room and not be stuck away on my own x x x

Doire_Bhoy 15:33 28 Dec 05

Reset the router and start again.

glamworld 15:35 28 Dec 05

to reset the router do you mean push a pin in the back of the router,+ load software again?

Doire_Bhoy 15:40 28 Dec 05

Push a pin in. This sets the router back to factory settings. You will need to set up the security again though.
I dont think you need to install the software again.
Im on NTL with a Belkin router and was having connection problems.
I rang up Belkin and they told me reset the router and then power it off wait 20 secs and power it back on again.

Make sure your router is configured to allow your laptop to access it.

glamworld 15:41 28 Dec 05

hi im sure it s configured, but how do i double check, and thanks for replying,

regards

hayley

Doire_Bhoy 15:50 28 Dec 05

Back to basics with this problem.....i think this is a security issue.

Your router is working ok, otherwise how would your cable connection work?

Go to your router admin page and check the security status. If you have to you can do away with security for five minutes then try and connect wirelessly...if you can connect then its your security.

Your router manual should tell you the address of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…