AOL wireless set up

Dazza40 12:49 21 Jan 06

Having read through a few links this seems a common problem but hope you can help as AOl can't.
I wanted to set my PC up to connect remotely. Have received a Speedtouch 576 router and installed the AOL easy set up. Connecting through etherbnet is fine.
Next step was to set up my Belkin USb network adapter. Keep getting message that ISP cannot be detected. Setting is to pick this up automatically but doesn't.
I found a link stating that occasionally setting should be entered in manually. I've found a link with IP addresses but also need DNS server details.
Other links state that downloads are available from AOL. Will this help and is it just the download for the speedtouch router?

ANy help will be very useful as if I had any hair I would be tearing it out!

Thanks

Donka1980 16:22 21 Jan 06

I am having problems with this to, i've got a laptop and have connected via the ethernet cable, which is working fine. My problem is when i take this out and try to go wireless. I have over come your problem by manually inputing the IP, subnet, gateway and dns address which i got from the LAN connection settings, this has enabled me to get a wireless connction, but when i open AOL or IE it can't connect...... I am now baffeled. I have tried everything i know and can't understand that if my wireless connection is there and i'm connected to it then why can't i excess the internet through it..... PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!

Dazza40 21:18 22 Jan 06

Just to let you know I've had the same problem and guess what I'm connected via wireless!
How?
Re-run the AOL set up but do not set up the router to be wireless. Bit daft I know!
I downloaded a user guide (click here)which I saved in Adobe and followed this together with the website page.

As router was set up using AOL CD I am stuck on how to change secrity level so if anyone knows please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac