AOL Wireless Network

Moleboy83 15:23 21 Oct 05

Hi everyone, i (unfortunately) use AOL Broadband, 2mb connection.

I have recently bought a second desktop pc for use in another room in the house, and am wishing to be able to access the internet from either pc, as when i wish to. as such, i do not need to share bandwidth (if that affects your answers to my question, i dunno...)

Anyway, i realise that i have either the options of going for cables or a wireless network - i choose a wireless network.

anyway, after searching on aol, they recommend a wireless modem router and two usb adaptors - i'd fit one onto each pc.

my questions are:

should i get the modem with usb adapters (120 quid) or should i get a similar modem and wireless cards for both pcs?

secondly, if i buy brand X of wireless modem, can i buy brand Y of usb adaptors, or will this affect their efficiency at picking up waves etc?

phil46 16:56 21 Oct 05

I use AOL but not for much longer but that is another story anyway i would only use the ones they recommend as other makes might not work.
I use a wired router as the other computer is only about 12ft away upstairs,i did try the netgear wireless router but the problem i had with that was it would work one day and not the next.
Sorry if i misunderstood you but if use a modem you can only use one on a broadband line not two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…