AOL Wireless Connection

David Watts 16:25 29 Sep 06

Ok, hope someone can give a hand out there as this website looks useful!!

I bought AOL Platinum about a week ago and it came with the NETGEAR DG834 G modem router. The AOL "easy install cd" has so far proved almost useless to set up a wireless connection. There are 2 pc's currently working through an ethernet connection perfectly. I also briefly added mine through a cable but needed it to be wireless. I have the Netgear adapter installed and it says "limited or no connectivity".

I did once get it connected but that has since gone!! I have run the aol CD and reached different points before it reads an error that the router can not be detected. When the status was "connected" the aol CD managed to find a connection but then would not make DSL contact with the Router.

As you may see, i have little clue about wireless networks and was hoping the AOL CD would be "easy install" but heyho!!

Any help would be fantastic!

CHeers

ade.h 17:25 29 Sep 06

I don't encounter customers of AOHell on my travels (luckily!) but as I understand it, you can't just use an AOL setup CD if it needs to configure a router. After all, how could it interface? Netgear's default gateway IP is 192.168.0.1 so enter that in a browser. You apparently need to create a new username for use with the router, presumably in your account control panel. I would approach setup in the normal way, but I am aware that AOL setup has unique requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now