AOL and VISTA

phil46 23:21 22 Jun 06

It appeares that AOL don't seem to care about customers unable to use AOL browser on Vista all you get from AOL is sorry we don't support Vista at the moment,it's a good job they can take this problem likely be it at there own risk.

brundle 23:24 22 Jun 06

The current version of Vista are betas, there is no sense in complaining that AOL don't support a beta.
It's not that they don't care, but if you are the sort of computer user that feels safe and comfortable with AOL's hand-holding approach to the internet (which has its benefits and drawbacks) then support for a beta version of an unreleased OS is not going to be high on your list of priorities.

gudgulf 23:29 22 Jun 06

Vista is a Beta release and still a long way from production.

Many programs are not going to work with it and many types of hardware will be without drivers.

That will change when the time for the actual release date for Vista approaches.....including AOL!!

If you try it you'll just have to accept thre limitations of a Beta product.

Having said all that I too am on AOL and the lack of a broadband connection means you only get a limited view of Vista.....I know,I tried it.

feb 02:22 23 Jun 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…