AOL virus scan.

graham 20:00 04 Apr 03

AOL advise they will commence scanning incoming and outgoing mail for virus, worms and trojans in the near future. A step forward others will copy?

he he :-)™ 20:13 04 Apr 03

well I think they'll copy but it'll take a while to realise they need to. But its only AOL at the moment and I am enjoying even more value for money.

mikef™ 20:17 04 Apr 03

BT Openworld BB have been offering this service for the last few months as well as blocking most spam.

Gaz 25 20:49 04 Apr 03

Supanet too, however they dont seam to boast about it. I only get a few spams then tell supanet. and bang got none again, they have been blocked.

And never had a virus via e-mail too, because of the Anti-virus they have.

he he :-)™ 18:21 05 Apr 03

AOL block most spam

STEVE71163 19:27 05 Apr 03

When we see things like this im glad im with aol,But i can not work out why so many people knock them. When i was having some problems last week i went into my local shop and the owner said that anyone who knows anything about pcs would not choose aol??? Well i have been with them for the last 2 years and think they give an excellent service and their content is above average.

graham 19:58 05 Apr 03

Well said, Steve! What the 'knockers' may not realise is that some well known names on here are on AOL. It'a a bit like BT, seen as an easy target, but in truth a very capable company.

he he :-)™ 17:45 11 Apr 03

i'm with AOL and I think it's the best ISP.

Djohn 17:56 11 Apr 03

Count me in! I too find AOL to be excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…