AOL users please note

Forum Editor 12:06 19 Oct 03

We get a fair number of emails as you can imagine, and we try to respond to all of them (although at busy times some slip past us). I'm seeing more and more replies to AOL users bouncing, and this is no doubt the result of AOL's silly and draconian anti-spam measures.

If you have emailed me from an AOL adress and haven't had a reply, that will be the reason.

I've posted the same thread in Helproom and Consumerwatch.

DieSse 02:24 21 Oct 03

I have today posted this note of complaint to Oftel click here

I would recommend everyone who has encountered this to post a similar complaint. I don't yet know if they have any jurisdiction, but a large enough volume of complaints may make them take some notice anyway.

AOL have instituted a "SPAM" blocking regime, which routinely blocks legitimate and legal non-spam emails from private individuals and businesse to AOL users.

Their policy/technology blocks all emails from specific ISPs when inuse - not merely those shown to be containing "SPAM".

I know this to have been applied to all emails from Wanadoo Spain at one time - and have reprots that it has been applied to other ISPs, including UK based ones.

I feel this is unwarranted and illegal interference with legitimate communications traffic, and would like to see them told to caese this policy and fix their technology.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…