AOL users

hoverman 09:04 11 Sep 03

I am with BT Broadband and would like to know if there are any problems currently with AOL. Yesterday I sent two emails to a friend with AOL and they were never received. This morning I sent two messages to an AOL email address in the States and they were returned as 'undelivered'.

Mat2 09:19 11 Sep 03

Hi hoverman

I am an AOL user and i have no problems send or recieving emails yesterday, other people i know on Aol haven't had any email problems either.

I hope this answers your thread

mat2

hoverman 09:25 11 Sep 03

Many thanks. It may be just a coincidence but it seems odd that messages sent to two different AOL address were undelivered.

graham√ 09:35 11 Sep 03

Send an email to yourself to test.

hoverman 10:23 11 Sep 03

Many thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that - worked perfectly. Have just sent an email to my son, who is with AOL, and it arrived OK. The other two I sent to must have problems at their server end.

velvet 18:32 13 Sep 03

I have been having problems with sending emails to AOL users for a couple of weeks. One or two get through, the majority do not. Some are returned as undelivered - at other times there is a message that, in effect, they are being treated as spam and blocked. Yet others are never received and there is no reason - I only know by contacting the recipient by telephone.

I have had extensive discussion with my ISP - tiscali.fr and with ebay (which I use for my business) and they admit there is a huge problem but no-one seems able to resolve it.

If anyone has any ideas they would be truly welcome.

velvet 18:39 13 Sep 03

SORRY - MY COMMENT ABOVE MOVED TO NEW THREAD

MIke 20:48 14 Sep 03

Just had four e-mails bounced back tonight by AOL using my BTInternet address, resent with Hotmail, and they seem to have gone through OK

holly polly 21:34 14 Sep 03

aol has the ability to block emails from whatever source ,i would check with the receptints of your emails that this option hasn't been enabled and if so tell them to rectify it -hol pol..ie there is a option to block from whoso ever email address ,this seems the case because as u stated when u sent a email via your hotmail account it went through ,just a idea - hol pol...

MIke 20:41 15 Sep 03

Thanks Holly Polly, but they were different AOL addresses, and from the bounce info sent back to me it looks as though AOL have blocked the entire BTInternet domain.

The Sack 22:02 15 Sep 03

AOL must be having problems as i cant send email to anyone on any ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac