AOL unable to find carrier

Halmer 13:12 14 Jan 06

My neighbours AOL dial up (£14.99 a month!!) is only working intermitently. She cannot access the web at all this morning and keeps getting a message about 'unable to find carrier' or something like that.

Any ideas (apart from changing her isp and getting broadband).

howard63 14:46 14 Jan 06

contact their helpline they should be able to sort it - I assume the phone is working ok.

Halmer 15:16 14 Jan 06

The phone is OK.

They spoke to AOL last night and got it working but it's gone again.

howard63 16:24 14 Jan 06

sounds like a fault on the line either aol or bt must deal with it.

pj123 17:00 14 Jan 06

I used to like AOL, but not anymore. I have been with AOL for years on Dialup and have not had any problems. Good free help line if required.

I have now been on NTL Cable Broadband for a while but keeping my AOL dialup account.

If I click on my AOL icon whilst on the internet I found it piggybacked on to the NTL site. No problem. I could access my AOL emails and use the site just as if I had logged on via the analogue modem.

Now when I try it all I get is: "The MSIMG32.DLL file is linked to missing export GDI32.DLL:GDIGradientfill."

I have tried the AOL helplines but no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AOL 9 but it makes not difference. I have installed AOL 9 on my partners computer (same spec as mine, except for NTL Broadband) and it is working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…