AOL unable to find carrier

Halmer 13:12 14 Jan 06

My neighbours AOL dial up (£14.99 a month!!) is only working intermitently. She cannot access the web at all this morning and keeps getting a message about 'unable to find carrier' or something like that.

Any ideas (apart from changing her isp and getting broadband).

howard63 14:46 14 Jan 06

contact their helpline they should be able to sort it - I assume the phone is working ok.

Halmer 15:16 14 Jan 06

The phone is OK.

They spoke to AOL last night and got it working but it's gone again.

howard63 16:24 14 Jan 06

sounds like a fault on the line either aol or bt must deal with it.

pj123 17:00 14 Jan 06

I used to like AOL, but not anymore. I have been with AOL for years on Dialup and have not had any problems. Good free help line if required.

I have now been on NTL Cable Broadband for a while but keeping my AOL dialup account.

If I click on my AOL icon whilst on the internet I found it piggybacked on to the NTL site. No problem. I could access my AOL emails and use the site just as if I had logged on via the analogue modem.

Now when I try it all I get is: "The MSIMG32.DLL file is linked to missing export GDI32.DLL:GDIGradientfill."

I have tried the AOL helplines but no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AOL 9 but it makes not difference. I have installed AOL 9 on my partners computer (same spec as mine, except for NTL Broadband) and it is working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…