AOL through a NetGear DG834G Router

dave_and_confused 18:39 23 Aug 05

Friends AOL Modem (Voyager 105) "blew up" (with help from a glass of coke!)

He's got himself a NetGear DG834G Router which we have now go going.

However he wanted to connect his laptop too (eventually found out that although it has a switch for wireless you need an extra card) so we attached a (known working) RJ45 to the laptop and then too the router. On my router Blueyonder Broadband it takes about 5 seconds for the new PC to get a connection. Whatever we do we can't get the laptop to work - Page Cannot Be Displayed

2 year old laptop with XP SP2...

What's the procedure?

selfbuild 19:27 23 Aug 05

Have you tryed ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew ?

dave_and_confused 11:32 24 Aug 05

Well should i have to? Every other router i've used and seen you just plug in, give it 5-10 seconds and away you go.....

flavas 15:52 26 Aug 05

have you put the adsl login details on the router? Test the settings and confirm that the router can connect to the internet.

Tromind 16:34 26 Aug 05

Have you tried downloading the latest firmware from Netgear, even though your product may be brand new it may benefit from an upgrade.

dave_and_confused 15:15 27 Aug 05

Sorry should have said that there is a PC connected via the router working fine as was the PS2.

However turn out the LSP Stack was corrupt after a surfing session in a hotel. WinSocks XP Fix to the rescue - click here

Cheers all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…