AOL and Thomson Router

realist 15:29 29 Aug 08

Tried (unsuccessfully) to install my "free" router.

After doing all the connecting it would not get past the stage on the AOL easy-install CD where it checks the connection status, it would not detect the modem and said there is an error. All the appropriate lights came on, just the dsl light never flashed to show it had been detected.

So, I gave up on it and reconnected my BT Voyager 105 modem which is working as per normal.

Any suggestions what the problem is? I suspect it must be something peculiar to AOL, but I don't know what.

kalignorgna 15:31 29 Aug 08

it AOL lol

Marko797 15:48 29 Aug 08

I had problems with this when I got the Thomson router from aol. Can't remember the solution sadly, but do remember I phoned them and they walked/talked me thru it. Worth the phone call.

kalignorgna - really useful comment dh.

Marko797 15:52 29 Aug 08

something maybe to do with when it asks u for your email address. I had green lights all the way except for one of the 2 final stages, then it went red.

Re-the email address (i.e jobloggs247 @aol.com) I was advised not to put this in, but just to insert my screen name (i.e jobloggs247) but naturally it did need the password. Did u get to this stage at all, or does any of this ring a bell?

Sorry but that's about the extent of my memory on this.

Marko797 15:55 29 Aug 08

it mighta been the other way round. It asks for screen name but u need the full email address. Just try these 2 options.

realist 15:56 29 Aug 08

Marko797
Thanks.
Unfortunately I never got to that stage, maybe I will contact Thomson as you suggest.

Marko797 16:04 29 Aug 08

Sorry, I meant that I contacted aol by phone, not thomson.

realist 16:31 29 Aug 08

Thanks. My mistake!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…