aol start up error message

vectensian 18:28 02 Dec 05

Don't know if anyone has encountered this;-on start up,windows desk top screen comes up with error message 'aol broadband check up has encountered an error on start up'. This has been happening for about 2 to 3 months. I click thru it and aol usually starts up ok. Any ideas? (Simple please.) If this is any help to anyone, my PC usually warns of 'limited connectivity', which I have put down to the phone line to the house-over 20yrs old & probably aluminium. Had a big panic the other day-could not connect and on going to the pub later, neither could anyone else at that time - obviously a BT phone exchange problem, worth bearing in mind.

rdave13 19:24 02 Dec 05

Never encountered that error message before.
With the connection problem try giong to Control Panel > add/remove scroll to AOL connectivity service, click add/remove tab then click repair AOL connectivity service.

When you next log on to AOL it will re connect modem etc.

Diemmess 10:17 03 Dec 05

Assuming you have the BT 105 Voyager - go to Start > Programs > BT 105 > Configure.
Run the first two diagnostic and the status options and see if that corrects it for you.

If the BT line is poor that may be the long term answer, needing a softly softly but persistent approach to them.

flyingbrit 18:57 05 Dec 05

Yes I know this only stops the message, but the limited connection thing is anoying. Go to start, settings , control panel, open Network Connections, right click on Local Area Connections, properties, then uncheck Notify me when connection is limited, click OK. Yea it's only a sticking plaster but at least it gets rid of the yellow exclamation mark!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…