aol spyware protection

LANDCRUISER 10:55 13 Dec 04

can anyone help? after running aol spyware protection i get vloading showing as a spyware the description says dialer rogue active x, i cleen this up but it keeps coming back what can i do to get rid of it?,i have run adaware & spybot as well but nothing is showing up here,i have norton firewall set up & have tried stoping all network activerty but this does not stop it coming back what can i do please.i have to go out shortly but will come back to this thread later.

CHAIRLEG 14:26 13 Dec 04

click here Down the page

LANDCRUISER 16:11 13 Dec 04

thanks for your repy chairleg,i had a look at a few of them they offer to scan your pc & show what they have found then they want you to buy their product,are there any free ones,i have adaware & spybot that are free i would have thought these would have detected my spies anyway as lots of people say how good these two are,aol spyware detects my problem & removes it but it keeps coming back how can i stop it coming back as i spend all my time having to run spyware apps

CHAIRLEG 17:01 13 Dec 04

click here Sorry i'm not much help but the click here is well recommended free download to keep nasties from getting on your computer in the first place.Hopefully one of the experts will see your thread.

bertiecharlie 18:15 13 Dec 04

The link at Wilders, given on Chairleg's link, says that AOL's Spyware Protection programme is picking up SpywareBlaster's registry item protecting you from vloading.

Assuming you've got SpywareBlaster, run another scan with AOL SP and quarantine vloading. Then open up SpywareBlaster and see if it shows 1 unprotected item i.e. vloading. If it does, enable the protection again and just ignore the AOL programme for the time being as regards vloader. AOL SP usually sort these things out when you get your next definitions update.

LANDCRUISER 17:19 16 Dec 04

i do have spywareblaster running i will try this out,sorry i did not get back sooner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…