AOL Speedtouch 576 Installation Nightmare

Charmed12 17:20 21 Jul 06

What a nightmare this is turning out to be. Same old story i upgraded to AOL Gold Broadband and got the free wireless router 'Speedtouch 576'. Is there something im supposed to do before i install the Speedtouch with the screen names. My current screen name has full access (18+) but do i have to create a new one before i install or cant i do it after?
Second question. During the installation process. Firstly when it first runs i dont get the language panel which AOL told me i should get. Secondly when it goes to detect the router it comes up with an error message reading:
'Error : Connection could not be established with remote host. The modem router has not been detected.' Checked all the usual stuff, physical connection. When on AOL Live help and they sent me a load of useless information about 6 times which never helped. So can anyone please help me before im driven insane by this router. Thanks.

jamescrocket 19:02 22 Jul 06

AOL sadly are not nick named AOHell for nothing!
Have you contacted Speedtouch(Thompson) who make the router. They may able to help if AOL will not.

rdave13 00:17 23 Jul 06

This is AOL's full easy install guide. click here Personally I would create a new screen name and password just for the wireless router before installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now