AOL SPAM - Fight Back

Neillbb 12:53 27 Jun 03

Hi out there.
Does anyone know where I might find a download site that has a programme to use with AOL that fights back or prevents SPAM?

Tks - NeillBB

Jester2K II 12:58 27 Jun 03

Nothing can be used to prevent or "fight back". Just delete it and never open it or reply to it. Never post your e-mail address on a website. In time your spam will reduce.

I thought AOl had anti spam measures anyway. I know its difficult to use third party tools with AOL accounts anyway...

stlucia 13:10 27 Jun 03

You can send the spam to COSMAIL1 or COSMAIL2

smick 13:12 27 Jun 03

AOL have long been thought to be responsible for selling your email address although they deny this. Since upgrading to AOL 8.0 I always use their new 'report spam' button, and guess what? I now get even more spam than I did before! I'll let you decide if you think AOL are guilty.

stlucia 13:13 27 Jun 03

... sorry, I pressed the space bar and the message was posted!

Anyway, if you send your spam to COSMAIL1 or COSMAIL2 at AOL they will add the sender to their blacklist. It seems to stop the spam for a short while.

Neillbb 13:54 27 Jun 03

Thanks everyone. Cosmail1 & 2 has been used extensively, with no apparent decrease in SPAM. What I'm looking for is there a 3rd party software programme to 'block' AOL SPAM?

©®@$ђ 14:06 27 Jun 03

i use mail-washer whichs is really good, but i don't know if it supports aol

have a look click here

©®@$ђ 14:08 27 Jun 03

in the FAQ on the site

Q. Which mail protocols does MailWasher support?

A. At this stage only POP3 is supported. For Hotmail and MSN support as well as future IMAP and AOL support, I suggest you try MailWasher Pro which is available from click here

©®@$ђ 14:12 27 Jun 03

15 day trial click here

The Idle one 14:16 27 Jun 03

Yes - try Spam Inspector from
click here

Djohn 14:48 27 Jun 03

Prior to using version 8 of aol, I received on average 5 or 6 spam mails per week. Now That I'm using the (Report Spam button)I receive up-wards of a dozen each day!

It has taken only a couple of months to reach this target. AOL say there is no connection, just coincidence. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…