AOL slow download Netgear Router?

EddieA 14:12 19 Aug 07

I have read a number of posts on the forum regarding AOL members being promised a speed upgrade from 1 Meg to 2 Meg without what it seems is without a resolution!
I have conflicting information logging into my Netgear DG834G router shows I am achieving the required download speed ie 2272bps.
Running speed tests and also checking AOL's connection status info gives me figures of approximately 800499 bps putting me in the 1 meg range.
Can anyone shed any light regarding what could be the problem?
In my mind it appears to be more a problem with my PC if the router is receiving the required download stream of 2 Meg.
Basic system info Windows XP Media edition with AOL 9.0VR and Zonealarm free firewall

Hope someone can help Ed

Miros 14:53 19 Aug 07

Mine hasn't yet been upgraded AOL reckon they will inform us when it happens, will it really make a big difference?

Am I bovvered? not really, reliability is most important to me, and that's now A OK.

So it's AOL AOK :-) Do you think they will like my new slogan?

It may never materialise since the recent take over by was Carphone Warehouse? or who ever, which came later than the promised upgrade.

Miros 09:32 05 Dec 07

Mine was upgraded some time ago now.
I'm now getting a download speed of 1993kbs and upload of speed of 381kbs on my AOL silver service.
At £9.99p a month I'm more than happy with it, and since the installation of the Netgear Router they provided free the service has been absolutely faultless.

I trust your enjoying the same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5