Aol and router

bluehiggs2k5 22:11 08 May 06

I have a laptop and just got aol platinum and the free speedtouch 576 and i have installed the router on my laptop. i can connect to the internet through the ethernet cable but when i connect wirelessly it says signal strenght excellent but the status is limited or no conectivity so i can not connect to the internet. Can any one help me

mgmcc 09:14 09 May 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

The "Limited or No Connectivity" indication means that the adapter has been unable to get its IP address from the router and Windows has allocated a default "169.254" address. This won't let you connect to the router or get online.

bluehiggs2k5 16:07 09 May 06

i have now connected to the router properly but how do i set it to accses the internet every time i log on to my laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…