aol reinstall-restoring pfc

fly2hi 00:45 10 May 03

thought i'd post this as a problem resolved in case anyone else suffers the same headache i've had for the last 2 days. And before you say 'dump aol and you won't have any problems...yes it's on the cards...broadband has arrived in outer mongolia.

I reinstalled aol to try and cure other problems and went through the process of replacing the new 'organise' folder with the one that i'd saved from the uninstalled version. the program would start to load and then 'hang'. it wouldn't accept the copied folders. Spent half hour with aol help and no joy. Tried every conceivable way of copying and couldn't work it out. Only tonight when trying again that we noticed folders relating to a screen name that had previously been deleted. Would have thought they would have been deleted with the screen name. So I copied each file individually (exept for the one that no longer exists) and it finally works. Seems logical enough, but all the guides just instruct you to copy the complete folder as it is. It would appear that the program was tring to associate the files with a valid screen name, but couldn't, and just went to sleep.

sorted!

fly2hi 00:49 10 May 03

so where is the resolved box. or does it only appear after someone else posts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…