Aol problems: not getting email from other servers

Jonelle 15:34 14 Oct 06

I am on aol broadband 9. For the past two weeks I have been having problems receiving email into all 4 of my aol accounts. Email from Wanadoo was completely rejected last week, now it is arriving up to 3 days after it was sent. Similar events have occurred with email from talk talk. These are the ones I know about, I am concerned that people are sending me emails which never arrive, or are sent back, and they then assume that my email address is incorrect. I have also had a similar problem sending emails to tesco.net - they didn't arrive, but were not returned to me. Aol on-line help have not been very helpful. Is this happening to anyone else on aol? Any advice about what I should do?

Stuartli 15:39 14 Oct 06

If you have Outlook Express check that all the e-mail accounts' messages are being sent and collected via AOL (OE>Tools>Accounts>highlight each account>Properties>Connection tab>Collect messages using this Connection... menu).

You may have to configure AOL or LAN depending on what type of connection you use.

BILL WHITE 20:48 14 Oct 06

From inspection of the AOL message boards, this is a widespread problem which is impacting expert users who have checked all their settings for email and is definitely an AOL problem, not

Jonelle 08:49 15 Oct 06

Your message on the forum notice board was cut off - could you resend? Thanks Jonelle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…