AOL problem in recieving images

jack 08:47 26 Feb 08

I sent some images as attachments in Outlook Express 6 to an recipient who is with AOL.
They have come on to say no images arrived
In investigating her files she discover in one instance an empty folder and in another examination received the message unable to 'unzip'

For my part I allowed OE to compress images before sending.

Does AOL have image receiving problems?
Should I have used the OE compressor ?
Any opinions

In in the end I 'hosted' the images over - I have yet to hear if that method worked

jack 15:08 26 Feb 08

^

Stuartli 15:15 26 Feb 08

See:

click here

AOL and TalkTalk, each part of Carphone Warehouse, use the 1432 MTU setting.

It does lead to problems sending attachments with e-mails.

jack 17:29 26 Feb 08

I have passed that URL on.
In the latest from this user she seems not to see my pictures host site URL's[ or perhaps she does and does not know what to do with them- one cannot tell with some folk]

mrwoowoo 17:35 26 Feb 08

Aol blocks images by default.
On opening the e-mail when a red cross is presented there is an option on the top right of the e-mail to show images and attachments.
It's easy to miss.

jack 20:17 26 Feb 08

Having complained that she is not getting any mail from me [don't know about others]
I tried several ways to combat this
1. replied to a received e-mail- back it should go to the address it came from.
2.wrote a new mail with address in the address book and also cc. it to a hand typed address[ in case the book was wrong] and just for fun made one up as talktalk - just to see what happened.
All bounced.
Hmm thinks summats up somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…