AOL Problem

homer_213 18:07 14 Apr 07

New here guys, got a problem with AOL like many people, got the netgear router from them set-up downstairs and internet on main pc, but i want it upstairs on my new pc, it says it has limited or no connectivity but can see the wireless network? the adapter is a belkin 54g one, ne advice would be greatful..

mikesuther 16:08 15 Apr 07

Hi, if you click on the wifi icon on the pc upstairs that looks like a box with brackets coming out this will bring up wireless networks. It is possible that although you have found the router you may not have set the security up on the pc upstairs as you did down stairs and this could cause limited or no connection.

If you type in the netgear routers address into the search bar of windows explorer which if i remember correctly is 192.1668.0.1 and you can log in to the setup config of the router then you may be able to resolve the problem. if not netgear have a very good back up faq site worth loking at. I hope this is of some help.

PP321 08:04 16 Apr 07

i think mikesuther reference to the netgear ip adress should be 192.168.0.1

Default passwords are usually "password" or "admin" or "highspeed"

homer_213 13:42 16 Apr 07

Still not working, upstairs i get it saying about the security settings aint the same as needed for this network and wont connect or attempt to connect to it anymore, but ive got another network on my list and lets me get to entering the WEP key. How can i get the same settings upstairs as downstairs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5