AOL personal web space still there?

pj123 16:23 09 Aug 07

I used to run Cable Broadband in parallel with an AOL dialup account.

About three years ago I cancelled the AOL dialup account, but I had uploaded some family pictures to the free web space they gave me.

I notice that they are still there but I can’t see a way to delete them. I uploaded via Cute FTP and I have tried to delete the site via Cute but it no longer recognises the ID and Password.

Is there another way I can delete it?

rdave13 16:44 09 Aug 07

Don't know if this will help but if you remember your screen name and password you might be able to log in here? click here

pj123 16:22 10 Aug 07

rdave13, Thanks for the link. Yes, I do remember my screen name and password.

I gave it a try and got:

“Your membership to the AOL service is now cancelled. However, you can register to keep your screen name and continue accessing many of the AOL features - such as AOL Email, Instant Messenger and Pictures. And it is free for as long as you like.”

Quite interesting, I will have to look into it further but if I register my screen name I will probably be bombarded with emails trying to get me back, as it also said:

“We value you as an AOL customer and want you to maintain your screen name and AOL identity. All you need to do is use your existing screen name at www. xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk.”

But, of course, I’m not a customer of AOL.

rdave13 17:44 10 Aug 07

Maybe worth a bit of spam so you could delete your photos? Good luck.

pj123 18:13 10 Aug 07

Just read through all their Terms and Conditions and Agreements.

I find I cannot agree so will leave it as it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…