AOL networking and alternatives

Kliss 16:37 11 Dec 05

I am an AOL silver customer. I want to set up home networking but have read that aol limits you to connecting one pc at a time. Is this correct? Will I be able to log in at all if the router takes one screenname?? Is there a way around this

If I choose to leave aol because of this what alternatives would you recommend that support networking and are reasonably priced.

Do any of them have good kids protection.

Lstly if i do decide to move can I get my emails rerouted somehow

ashdav 23:43 11 Dec 05

Best thing to do is ditch the AOL software on your computer and set up a router with your account details. You can then connect as many computers as the router will support to the internet at the same time. This is what I've done with my 3 computers.
If you're not sure how to set up the connection details on a router I would recommend the Netgear DG834G. This auto detects your line settings and all you have to do is enter your primary login name and password. Login name is actually the email address that AOL gave you initially.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…