AOL and networking

allanbeard 20:35 06 Oct 03

I would like to know how to network two XP machines together, using AOL. I have read the previous threads- one response says it is possible- but none say how it can be done. AOL's tech desk don't want to assist, but intimate that it is possible.

mark500 21:20 06 Oct 03
  Djohn 21:26 06 Oct 03

click here and use a Proxy server. This works fine with AOL. j.

Djohn 21:28 06 Oct 03

Also go into the AOL help forums, you will receive all the help you need. j.

allanbeard 22:01 06 Oct 03

Thanks for the replies, which I think are all US based. I gather for some unknown reason that AOL UK does not support networking. Are respondents confident that the suggested solutions work in the UK?

Djohn 23:25 06 Oct 03

It's true that AOL do not support networking. That means they will not help with setup questions and any problems you may have in configuration of the network. Apart from that there is no valid reason for it not to work.

I myself do not have a network although I'm with AOL. Several members of this forum have AOL networked, [To the best of my knowledge] and if they see your thread will confirm this for you. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…