AOL Media Player

croydon 17:56 10 Mar 04

Each time I start AOL Media Player I get the Just-in-Time Debugging message:

"An Exception 'Runime Error' has occurred in script"

AOL's helpdesk was not very helpful (told me to contact my PC vendor).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Djohn 18:26 10 Mar 04

Try this croydon and let us know if it helps. If not then we can try something else.

Open your AOL browser and minimise to taskbar. Open your IE6 [Internet Explorer} browser, click on tools/internet options/advanced tab then scroll down 4 boxes and place a tick in the box, "Disable script debugging". In the box underneath remove the tick from "Display a notification about every script error".

This may be what is causing the problem. j.

croydon 18:49 10 Mar 04

Djohn, Thanks. Unfortunately that didn't work (neither box was ticked previously).

Whilst using the online AOL I did get through to someone who suggested making a change in the Internet Options | Security folder. Before I could do that the line dropped.

By the way this is IE6, AOL 8.0 and Real Player 10.

Djohn 21:45 10 Mar 04

Sorry that didn't help. Don't forget though, one of the box's should have a tick in it. "The first one".

Not sure what else to try at the moment but at least this will bring you back to the top of the page again. Hopefully someone will have the answer. j.

PS. the reference to the security folder would have been to lower your setting to "Medium" if it's not already set to this.

croydon 11:22 13 Mar 04

Support at Real made some suggestions for changes to the Preferences. Setting on 'Enable Turbo' seems to have removed the errors and speeded up the videos.
Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…