Aol on maintenence early pm today

dessi 18:28 04 Sep 03

Hi i wonder whether anyone is having problems forwarding an e-mail early afternoon today. on maintenence??

Djohn 18:44 04 Sep 03

No problems at this end. Using AOL Broadband, I have been sending/receiving mail all day. j.

dessi 18:57 04 Sep 03

i am on dial up and tried to send mail but my aol e-mail kept hanging is there someone else who can confirm aol full function e-mail forwarding?
would be grateful indeed thanks

nobrain 19:21 04 Sep 03

i finding Aol slower today as well, a email that usually goes quick took ages but it went in the end!i swear they want us all to go on BB

Djohn 19:27 04 Sep 03

Sorry for the delay in replying. I found when on dial-up with AOL that it will often depend on which phone number you use to connect. Some of the numbers would work fine on all aspects of surfing, but would send mail very slow, or not at all. One of the numbers would hang for 5 minutes, then send, and that was with a test mail to myself.

Try using a different dial-in number, I think it will cure the problem. j.

dessi 19:51 04 Sep 03

will try as suggested,get this info, i went on to help twice and one agent said that aol is on maintenence the other confirmed this with comments that individuals are randomly selected at that i said that it appears that i am being targeted for a broad band sign up the communication was progressing nicely as a suggestion to do certain things to right the problem was given but before i could print it he disconnected, now that's aol service for it's members.:(

Djohn 19:53 04 Sep 03

Sorry to hear that, if you find the number change does not help, but it should, then post back, there are several other tips to try. j.

dessi 20:25 04 Sep 03

hi again, ditto youe last suggeston was a hit ,i logged off twice and reaccessed aol and bingo! the other dial up no: did the trick, nice one Djohn you should consider being in aol's director chair.

Djohn 20:33 04 Sep 03

Pleased it worked for you, and thank-you for the compliment, but there are many more members of this forum that know a great deal more about AOL than I do. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…