AOL mail problem

Mike@#36 17:14 16 Mar 03

I have just sent some pictures to my Father In Law who uses AOL to download mail etc. (I sent using Netscape Mail)

Unfortunately he receives the pictures as part of the e-mail and not as an attachment, and as such is unable to save the pictures or open them using any other software. He has tried saving them to the clipboard but this does not work.

Does anyone know if there is a setting he needs to check with AOL?

Thanks

Mike

graham 17:28 16 Mar 03

If you sent them as attachments he should have received them as that. Were they jpeg? You can always ring AOL's free helpline, I've found them very good when it comes to problems like this.

colberly 18:14 16 Mar 03

If you send them as JPEG and as an attachment as Graham says he should receive them and then download them. I use AOL and can both receive and send photo's with no problems from other ISP's.

cheapskate2k 18:44 16 Mar 03

Wouldnt you be able to right click on the photo and save it through that? Even as part of the email and not an attachment

Djohn 18:53 16 Mar 03

Not really sure what is causing this, as AOL, (By default), will not let you open attachments without giving you a warning, it will always ask you if you want to open them, and then give you the choice of opening them from the e-mail, or saving to disk.

Whichever method you choose, you will still have to click on the (download now, or later button), once you have done this you are able to open and view/print, or, save to folder, and then print later.

If the photo's are managing to get through as a file, instead of an attachment, then you can still save to folder, or print. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac