AOL, Internet Explorer

Colonelkaye 20:09 10 Nov 05

Aol or should I say bloody AOL.

Only recently, Internet Explorer will not work outside AOL. Up to a week or two ago I could launch IE without using AOL software. MSN messenger also worked fine.

Now, all explorer sites come up as "cannot find ...." and Messenger now does not connect.

Furthermore, Windows update does not work even through the AOL screen.

What has gone wrong or is this another AOL hijack??? This has happened on all 4 PC's in my home wireless network now so who is the best broadband provider?

The BB 21:29 10 Nov 05

Sympathies - I have a similar problem (and posted in the network forum moons ago) and found I was not alone; however, it is only a few sites for me and OK with MSN etc.; changing to Firefox didn't help and using my neighbour Wanadoo wireless network (when he gave me his WEP key) was fine so concluded it was AOL. There help line said that as the AOL browser was fine they couldn't help - sort of understand that but disappointing. Moving addresses etc. is too much hassle so looks like I'm stuck for the moment; if you get anywhere please let me know!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…