Aol and Internet Explore

popgeoff 09:27 21 Aug 08

I am running Vista Ultimate and Aol 9VR
More or less problem free until a couple of days ago . Now whenever I sign on to Aol . The Aol Wlecome screen gets over ridden by another one opening up as Aol welcome to Internet Explorer. While I can then switch to the normal Aol Welcome screen I find this irritating. Aol"Help" chat guy says I should restore Aol by clicking on One click fix. However I am then told that this facility is unavailable with this version of Windows!!
Any ideas please before I close my Aol Account ?
Thanks

rdave13 10:22 21 Aug 08

Running Vista premium and just found that 'one click fixes' now works ok. Right click icon in sys tray and click from menu.

feb 15:01 21 Aug 08

Have you tried; With AOL open click "settings" on the toolbar, click the "Essentials" Tab, scroll down to "start-up settings" and click on it, Make sure that "None" is selected, click "Save" and re-start AOL?

popgeoff 15:32 21 Aug 08

rdave13 Doesn't work on my laptop with Vista Ultimate. Works on desktop PC running XP SP2 !!
feb. Thanks, I tried that but still get the same problem. Strange though that if I sign on to AOL using my wife's screen name it doesn't happen.

ronalddonald 16:07 21 Aug 08

I calosed my account beginning of January and got A 3 broadband. Easyto use only snag will be theres no password but the doggle works anytime i use it.

woodchip 16:15 21 Aug 08

got A 3 broadband doggle works anytime. Yes but at what Price!!!!?????

ened 16:37 21 Aug 08

Don't take any notice of ronalddonald, he appears to have a chip on his shoulder.

I use IE to access the internet but, just out of curiosity I opened AOL 9VR as well and the same thing happened - it opened a tab in IE with some ad or another.

One of the reasons I don't like using their software is the pop-ups.

I have found AOL to be far superior to other isps which I have had the misfortune to sign up to and think it is a bit extreme to consider changing isp over this issue.

Out of the frying pan...etc

popgeoff 20:04 21 Aug 08

Thanks ened. I will probably stay with Aol. Too old to change at 72 hehe.
GuessI can live with the problem.

feb 22:47 21 Aug 08

Could you post the url of the overlaying webpage please?

ened 06:34 22 Aug 08

This is the one which just came up:

click here

rdave13 09:39 22 Aug 08

On my xp sp3 PC is pops up minimized in the right hand corner. On the Vista machine it comes up a full page. If I minimize the add the same as on XP then IE7 will then open up minimized. I suppose AOL will sort it out eventually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac