AOL & Int Explorer

SABRE 20:41 03 Sep 03

I try to use Int. Explorer on my friends PC and if you click on the icon it connects through AOL and you are left with AOL on screen and can't seem to use explorer. I hate AOL but like explorer. Any way I can use Explorer but when my pal uses his PC, he can use AOL (he likes it)?

MAJ 20:45 03 Sep 03

Can't you just minimise the AOL browser after you've connected, then open IE?

holly polly 20:46 03 Sep 03

sorry u cant in a nutshell u have to sign on with aol ,minimize it then click on the i e icon but aol as got to be launced first u can use any browser u wish netscape opera etc but aol browser has to run in the background -have fun-hol pol...

Jester2K II 20:46 03 Sep 03

Thats they way i've seen AOL users do it...

Djohn 20:52 03 Sep 03

As MAJ says, after log on through AOL, minimise to taskbar then use any browser you wish. I never bother though and have yet to find any problems using AOL's desktop.

Just type any web page address into the "Address bar" at the top of screen and carry on as you would with other browsers, it's very fast to use, [Uses google for searching] easy to save all your favourite sites and you can also save the most often used ones to the toolbar along with an Icon of your choice. j.

Djohn 20:54 03 Sep 03

holly polly & Jester2K II, neither of you were there when I started to type, so sorry for the repetition! Must speed up my typing finger! :o(

SABRE 21:23 03 Sep 03

If you have AOL open and minimzed, would this not slow down web access in Int Ex. as AOL seems to be performing all sorts of background tasks?

Djohn 21:31 03 Sep 03

I don't think so, I'm not too sure as to what goes on in the background, if anything? But AOL uses IE as it connection to the web anyway!

Each time I wish to delete any temp files or history or change any settings, I click on "preferences" in AOL and guess what pops up on screen? IE tools and options window. Exactely the same as IE. Regards. j.

SABRE 15:02 04 Sep 03

Your help, comments as always greatly appreciated. Not seeing my pal for a couple of weeks but will try your suggestions then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…