AOL & IE6 anomaly

masonman1939 13:04 24 Jan 04

A friend recently installed aol broadband. He had been a user previously using dial up and was totally happy. AOL works perfectly for him, but since the broadband installation he finds that he cannot use Internet explorer at all. He opens aol, dimimishes it, and then clicks on ie. He gets a browser but it never goes anywhere and eventually produces 'server not found' etc. Windows ME is the os and it has been reloaded. Aol has been removed and reinstalled, as has the modem -BT voyager.
Since AOL uses ie6 to work I guess that ie is okay.
Any ideas would be most welcome.

gold 47 13:28 24 Jan 04

Minimize AOL then try,also check your firwall turn it of for a minute and see if you open the pages i have found my older computer won't work with Zone alarm my other will unable to say wy this is,i use AOL broardband to.

gold 47 13:32 24 Jan 04

Sorry spelling error should have been WHY sorry. You might find turning of AOL's anti-spam will help if you have problems with email.

masonman1939 14:22 24 Jan 04

Thanks for the suggestions but I think we've checked all that.The firewall has been turned off without altering the problem. He does minimise AOL bfore trying to use IE. So far no e-mail problems but that runs through AOL. Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…