aol hotmail and msn problems

rsturbo 17:50 13 Dec 04

ever since installing aol broadband i have not been able to conect to msn messenger, hotmail or ebay. any ideas would be really appreciated. we have 3 pc's all running xp; 1 with sp2 and 2 with sp1. we also have a seperate network using netgear dg834g modem router (adsl) these pc's also with aol bband won't talk to msn etc.

thanks for any help

rsturbo 00:54 14 Dec 04

Spanglish 08:04 14 Dec 04

I also have problems with one of my daughters connection to MSN, have you checked the permissions settings in AOL screen names? That was one of the suggestions made to Me.Also worth checking is your firewall settings.and .... what error messages do you actually get?

Rigga 08:45 14 Dec 04

Strangely enough,

I installed a wireless network with modem router for someone just the other day, who is with AOL broadband.

Got all the computers up and connected each could sign into AOL and so thought everything was fine.

However, could I sign into MSN Messenger or Ebay on any of the computers, you guessed it.. NO!

I then spent several hours trawling the Internet for a solution and found loads of solutions but non worked.

Finally tracked it down to the MTU needed to be changed to be 1400. This is usually found in your router WAN connection page, (Where you specify PPPoA etc.. ), apparently it's an AOL thing.

So try changing your MTU to 1400, and hopefully all should be well.

rsturbo 19:41 14 Dec 04

when i get home, are there any other suggestions?

rsturbo 22:22 07 Jan 05

works!! thanks for all the posts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…