//some 3rd party need geo

aol favourites list

paddy123 12:33 04 Aug 03

hi,
does anyone know how to get a full list of all the aol favourite entries ( their full web address rather than the shortened name only that aol gives them ) as i am about to switch to a new isp (telewest) and i would like transfer them over
(aprox 100 entries)

any help appreciated. thanks paddy

Djohn 12:37 04 Aug 03

Only way I can think of at the mo. is to open each site so that the URL is showing in the address bar, then copy/paste into word document, then do a print-out. J.

paddy123 12:49 04 Aug 03

hi djohn,

thanks for the prompt reply djohn, i thought that might be the only way, but a hundred entries,phoeeee.
i think aol has this one sewn up.

thanks djohn

graham√ 14:08 04 Aug 03

The URLs would be held on AOLs server, so wouldn't be available en bloc. You could ring them up or use on-line help for nothing!

Perhaps a quicker way, whilst on a site, click the Favourites button and store the URL there. Then you could save the folder to floppy, etc.

Djohn 14:29 04 Aug 03

Just had another thought! [Dangerous :)] could paddy123 open each favourite in aol, one at a time, then minimise aol, bring up IE and transfer?

graham√ 15:30 04 Aug 03

You can certainly minimise AOL and then use IE to surf, but the same URL wouldn,t be there from AOL.

Djohn 15:40 04 Aug 03

Not tried it myself Graham, but what I meant was open the site in AOL, then copy/past the URL from the address bar, then paste it into the IE address bar, then save.

Bit long winded, I know, but cant think of another way. :o(

graham√ 09:25 05 Aug 03

Yes you can do that, but easier to use Favourites as above.

paddy123 09:42 05 Aug 03

hi lads,

just logged on.
thanks for all the info re. aol favourites,and i think it will be the long way to get this done.
(maybe have a few cold beers in between all the hard work )

thanks for taking the time to reply. paddy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…