AOL favourites gone!

seventiesdolly 19:20 26 Sep 06

I have just completed a full reinstall on a new
hard drive and signed onto aol expecting my favourites to be there, but they're not!
I have never backed them up before because they're on the aol server and not my pc, and have therefore always been 'just there' whenever i've reinstalled and signed on to aol.
I just spent a frustrating 15 mins trying to explain my predicament to a 'representitive' who said 'not to worry' as they would be 'stored on the aol server', but how do I get them back?!

rdave13 19:57 26 Sep 06

Had this problem myself. Leave it for a few days and they should reappear.
Last time I had to reinstall AOL I went to favourites, manage, and clicked on Save my favourite places as a favourite file on my pc.

After the reinstall of AOL I loaded the favourite file from a cd I'd saved it to and all was well. Two days later my favourites had been reinstalled,from AOL I assume, so everything was duplicated.

seventiesdolly 20:03 26 Sep 06

Thanks for your reply. I did have to wait awhile once before for them to reappear. I wonder why it does that? Hopefully maybe next time I log on, they'll be there? I didn't even know they could be saved until just now.

seventiesdolly 13:02 27 Sep 06

Still not appeared. :-(
I can't understand why my saved email, and all other aol settings are as they were before reinstalling, but not my list of favourite places. As I said in my first post, i've reinstalled loads of times, and they've just always been 'there' when i've signed onto aol.
I finally got someone on aol 'live' (huh!) help who could type english coherently, and who gave me detailed instructions on what to do but it didn't help. I'm really p****d off - I had about 200 links bookmarked.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac